Wipe the slate clean this NYE with a fresh winter white eye look! Party looks don’t have to be dark and dramatic to stand out—pair a bright white shadow with a classic black liner and watch your eyes pop. Go super elegant with a matte shadow or get an ethereal glow with a shimmer shadow.
Follow these 5 steps to create this versatile look:
- Start with an opaque base layer to add depth and prevent shadow from smudging into the eyeliner. Smooth a creamy eye shadow like Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo in Too Cool over the mobile lid with your 200 oval shadow brush, then buff into the crease and blend out toward the brow.
- Press a matte or shimmer shadow onto the center of the eye with the same 200 oval shadow brush (the leftover cream will hold onto powder particles), then work into the inner eye and crease. Apply one layer for a sheer look or pop on several for more impact! Try Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow in Sex or Makeup Forever Diamond Powder in White.
- Add definition with a classic black winged liner. Pencils and shadow liners may bleed into the shadow turning it grey, so choose a bullet-proof liquid liner like Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Black. If liquid liner is not your strong suit, sketch on a gel or cake liner first with your 202 angled liner brush, then trace over with liquid liner.
- Open up your eyes with a set of false lashes like Eyelure Exaggerate Lashes. Check out Nic’s Lady Gaga tutorial for lash application tips.
- Love a bold red lip? Fancy a pearly pink gloss? Choose whatever your like, they will all look great!