The movie makeover montage always transforms the bedraggled leading lady into a show stopping beauty in a process that would take a full day of primping. For most of us, the reality is we’re lucky to get 5 minutes of mirror time before heading out the door.
That’s why we rounded up a few products to have on hand when your need to get gorgeous FAST:
- Keep it simple and focus on applications that will be visible in a dimly lit room. Grab a dark eyeshadow stick like Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick Colour in Smoke or Tuxedo (1), swipe over the lash line and move shadow toward the crease with your base shadow brush (2). Repeat the process for more coverage then blend out the edges with a clean deluxe crease brush. Run your smudge brush over the shadow stick and blend onto the lower lash line. Add a layer of mascara and your eye is ready!
- Freshen up your foundation with a few stripes of a foundation stick. Sweep under the eyes, down the nose, around mouth and then blend out with your tapered foundation brush. Set with a little loose powder and your multi-task brush. Try Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick (3).
- Limit your lips to one product like OCC lip Tar RTW. No pencil or primer needed, the name says it all! Dab onto lips with an applicator, then blend out using your retractable lip brush.
- Add a quick highlight by dabbing the tip of your angled highlighter brush into a cream highlight like RMS Living Luminizer and sweeping over your favorite spots (cheeks, inside corner of eye, under brow, center of nose, above cupid’s bow).
- Before dashing out the door, choose a scented cream like Trish McEvoy No 9 Blackberry and Vanilla Enriched Body Cream and run it over your exposed skin. It’s easier to feel festive when you smell and look good!
Image: Harper’s Bazaar