Attending holiday parties may sound like fun, but for those who have countless client soirees to attend, it is just another part of the job (done in very high heels!).
We reached out to one of our PR “it” girls and asked “What’s in your bag?” She reveals how she transforms from 9-5 to NYC cocktail attire in a flash.
Here are her picks and tips:
- Quick Boost. A must-have in my bag is a creamy concealer like Hourglass Corrective Concealer ~$32 (1). I use this under my eyes with my mini shading brush (2) and touch up any other areas with the mini foundation brush (2).
- Prep Work. While many go for a dramatic eye I sweep on a bold lip and throw my hair in a ponytail or top-not for an evening look. I may add another layer of liner and mascara, but it’s all about the lip. Before applying any color I use Lush Mint-Julips Lip Scrub ~$9.95 (3) on my lips which polishes up the skin, hydrates and freshens breath in one step.
- Dazzling Smile. A bold lip pulls focus to your teeth so I like to “brighten-up” with a whitening pen. Try Walgreens Whitening Pen $6.99 (4).
- Layered Look. My go-to color this season is Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Color in Stiletto ~$22 (5). The color brightens my complexion and the creamy matte texture wears well without drying up. I apply many layers, blotting in between until I get a great looking stain. Tip: use a little concealer on the mini foundation brush (2) to clean up around the lip line.
- Gleaming Skin. I discovered ostrich oil at a farmer’s market and I now I use it multiple times a day. The omega-rich oil hydrates and soothes irritated skin without leaving a greasy residue. I smooth this on my neck, hands and arms for a beautiful sheen that looks like I just came from the spa. Try Roaming Acres Ostrich Oil ~$9.99 (6).
- Aroma Therapy. Nothing perks you up like a splash of your favorite fragrance. This time of year I carry a roller ball of Trish McEvoy No. 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk ~$25 (7) in my bag. After a long day, this scent energizes me and I feel confident giving hugs and air-kisses all night.
Image: Harper’s Bazaar