Pop your features and accentuate your bone structure with a palette of warm browns and coppery metallics this winter. Learn how to use a neutral palette to get extraordinary results in Nic’s new video tutorial.
- Start with a medium coverage foundation and work into skin with your expert face brush using circular strokes for a flawless application. Nic’s pick is Chanel Vitalumiére Foundation ~$55 (1).
- Add a soft highlight with a creamy concealer like MAC Select Cover Concealer ~$18 (2) one or two shades lighter than your foundation. Grab your pointed foundation brush and sweep on under eyes, down the center of your nose, and under brow bone. Blend into the surrounding areas with light even strokes, letting the brush do the work for you.
- Choose a contour cream (slightly darker than foundation) and stroke down the hollows of your cheeks with your foundation brush, then blend with short up and down motions to eliminate any makeup “stripe”. Optional: blend contour cream along the edge of jawline and/or the hairline of temples to sharpen features. Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow ~£17.50 (3) is Nic’s choice.
- Fill brows in with your brow brush and a neutral brown shade like MAC Omega Eyeshadow ~$15 (4).
- Pop a bronze cream shadow onto lower eye lid with your shading brush, adding a little at a time, blending up toward the crease and outer corner of eye. Sweep onto lower lash line for a slight smokey look. Nic uses MAC Cream Colour Base in Bronze ~$20 (5).
- Line your upper and lower lash line with a metallic brown eye liner like Topshop Kohl pencil in Sable ~$8 (6) and smudge into cream shadow with your shading brush. Optional: apply liner along the water line.
- Finish eye look with one or two coats of mascara. Kevyn Aucoin The Essential Mascara ~$32 (7) is Nic’s pick.
- Set makeup and take away any shine with pressed powder and your duo-fiber face brush. Nic likes MAC Select Pressed Powder ~$25 (8)
- Fill in lip with a flesh tone liner and slick on a pinkish nude gloss with your detailer brush. Nic recommends MAC Stripdown Lipliner ~$15 (9) and Illamasqua Sheer Lip Gloss in Intimacy ~£14.50 (10).
**Now you can get all the brushes used to create your favorite looks with just 1 click. View any tutorial on RealTechniques.com and click “Add All to Bag” to purchase all the tools needed to recreate the look at home.