Holiday parties are a great time to get glammed up, but with the holiday rush finding the time can be tricky. Sam can show you how to amplify your basic office makeup with gold glitter, deeper eye makeup, and lips that pop in her new tutorial.
Get the tip, tricks and makeup picks below:
- Choose a medium coverage foundation with buildable coverage like, Nars Sheer Glow Foundation ~$42 (1). Work on product with your foundation brush using the angled shape to apply evenly around all of the nooks and crannies of your face.
- Neutralize lid color and create a flawless base by sweeping a flesh tone shadow all over lid with up your domed shadow brush. Sam recommends Louise Young Essential Eye Palette ~£30 (2).
- Grab your brow brush and work the light brown shadow up through your brows for a natural day look.
- Apply the same shade in the crease of your eye for subtle definition. Use just the tips of your base shadow brush to blend back and forth along top of your eye socket .
- Run an eye liner like Bobbi Brown Gel Liner ~$22 (3) along the top lash line with your fine liner brush. Apply with the full length of the brush from inner corner out, then use the tip of brush to add the flick upward. Apply plenty of mascara on upper lashes.
- Sweep a little concealer under eyes with your deluxe crease brush, which is perfectly shaped to fit around and under your orbital bone. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer ~$23 (4) is Sam’s choice.
- Set makeup with a loose powder and your kabuki brush (great for fitting into your handbag). Switch to your deluxe crease brush to apply over concealer to prevent smudging. Sam’s current favorite is Laura Mercier Loose Powder $52 (5).
- Open your kabuki brush to apply a pinkish brown blush on and under your cheekbone for definition and warmth. Sam loves MAC Blush in Harmony~$20 (6).
- Finish look with a creamy lip color like Avon Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick Apricot Glamour ~£8 (7).
- Add definition and elongate your eye by applying a medium brown shadow along your crease with your base shadow brush. Wing out shadow and build up in crease and outer corner to get as dramatic as you like. Blend the top edge with your domed shadow brush.
- Choose a glittery gold liner and draw on right above your brown gel liner. Stargazer Glitter Liner in Gold ~£ 3.99 (8) is Sam’s choice.
- Apply the same brown shade under the eye with your accent brush and run a gold pencil along the water line. Apply mascara along the bottom lashes. Sam likes NYX Slide On Pencil in Glitz Gold ~$8 (9)
- Use closed kabuki brush to sweep a bright pink blusher on the cheek. Sam uses Sleek Makeup Blush in Flamingo ~$5.99 (10)
- Top lips with a vibrant pink lip color. Sam’s pick is Collection Cosmetics Hotlights Lipgloss in Sparkle ~£4.19 (11).
- Go extra glam with some false lashes. After applying gule use tweezers to place lashes on top of lash line. Sam recommends Amazing Shine Lashes ~$2.99 (12 ).
**Now you can get all the brushes used to create your favorite looks with just 1 click. View any tutorial on RealTechniques.com and click “Add All to Bag” to purchase all the tools needed to recreate the look at home.