Glowing healthy-looking skin is always in style, but the holiday stress of shopping, parties, and travelling can wreak havoc with your complexion.
Here are 6 tips and products for great looking (and feeling) skin:
- Step-it-up. For skin that has lost its luster due to colder and drier climates, choose a super emollient face creme to plump up your skin. If you have combination skin, apply the cream only where dry and blend out lightly to oilier areas. Try MAC Complete Comfort Creme (1).
- Natural Finish. Even out your skin tone with a sheer foundation like Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup (2). Sweep on product from the center of your face outward using your foundation brush (3) to reach all of the nooks and crannies around your nose and eyes. Pro Tip: For those prone to cold-induced redness, don’t forget to apply directly above your eyebrows, chin and temples as those high points of the face bear the brunt of winter weather.
- Dew Point. For an extra dewy look, mix a drop or two of luminizer into your foundation or apply alone on the high points of your face, collarbones, and shoulders with your stippling brush. Try Revlon Bare It All Lustrous Lotion (4).
- Bath and Buff. Combat the stress of the holiday season with a fragrant body scrub. Choose a sugar or salt and essential oil mix that exfoliates and hydrates for baby soft skin the smells great. Pro Tip: Stick to sugar scrubs if you have any scrapes or irritated skin, salt will sting! Try Origins Ginger Body Scrub (5).
- Dust up. Keep skin soft and add shimmer with a luxurious body powder like, Lush Dusting Powder in Lustre (6). Sweep talc over body with your kabuki brush for an ultra-fine sheen.
- Seal the Deal. After a long day, a hot shower or bath can feel amazing, but the hot water can dry out your skin. Keep showers and baths on the short side, blot skin dry with your towel and smooth an argan-rich body oil to lock in moisture on your skin. Try, Avon Skin So Soft Signature Silk Perfecting Oil. (7)