There’s more to metallic makeup than just gold and silver! This season add some vibrant color to your metals, check out Sam’s new tutorial for an iridescent evening look that smolders.
Get the tip, tricks and makeup picks below:
- Use your expert face brush to work foundation from the center of the face outwards in circular motions for a flawless finish in seconds. Sam’s pick is Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation ~ £27(1).
- Note: Working with loose pigments can be messy, so use a brush with short firm bristles, like the shading brush, for better control and tap off excess pigment before applying to face.
- Push purple pigment onto the inner two thirds of your lid with your shading brush then blend the top edge with your base shadow brush. Sam uses Make up Forever Diamond Powder in Purple ~$20 (2).
- Use the same shading brush to push a charcoal shimmer shade onto the outer third of your eye and then blend along the crease and center of eye lid with your base shadow brush. Once your brush starts to smudge instead of blend, swap out for a clean brush like your domed shadow brush. Sam recommends Make up Forever Diamond Powder in Black ~$20 (3).
- On a clean base shadow brush, take a glittery gold like MAC Antique Gold Reflects Pigment ~$21 (4) and push it on top of the entire lid.
- Grab your shading brush and apply more purple pigment on the inner corner and then along the lower lash line with your accent brush.
- Apply a black eye liner pencil along the bottom water line. Sam’s current pick is Barry M Kohl in Black ~£2.99 (5).
- Apply mascara with a slight rocking motion at the root of the lash up to the tip and then brush through with your lash-brow groomer before applying a second coat. Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara ~7.99 (6) is Sam’s choice.
- When using dark pigments it may be necessary to apply a “tight line” (dark liner along the top water line). Use your fine liner brush to gently press black gel liner onto the root of the lash to cover any pink or fleshy bits. Sam’s choice is MAC Fluidline Gel Liner in Blacktrack ~$15 (7).
- To avoid smudging, sweep loose powder under eye with your setting brush before applying mascara to your bottom lashes. Apply powder to entire face with your multi-task brush to set makeup and finely blend. Sam’s current pick is Clinique Loose powder ~$22 (8).
- Apply a shimmery pink to the tops of the cheeks with your blush brush. Sam’s choice is Vivo Baked Blush in Rosy ~£4 (9).
- Add a highlighter along the top of your cheekbones with your setting brush. Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Face Creme ~$30 (10) is Sam’s pick.
- Finish with a sheer neutral gloss, like MAC Nice Buzz Plush Glass ~$19.50 (11).
**Now you can get all the brushes used to create your favorite looks with just 1 click. View any tutorial on RealTechniques.com and click “Add All to Bag” to purchase all the tools needed to recreate the look at home.