cocktail party makeup tutorial is an easy way to create the perfect festive look. Tone it up for your holiday bash or take it down a notch for a professional get-together, with these simple steps and Sam’s pro makeup recommendations below.‘Tis the season … to party! Sam’s exclusive glamorous
- Use your Buffing Brush with a medium coverage foundation, blending in a circular motion for a flawless finish. Sam uses Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation for ~25.00 Pounds, available through the U.K. site (1). Tip > Cocktail attire often puts your neck on display, so be sure to blend foundation and the way down so skin is beautifully even.
- Follow with your Powder Brush paired with loose powder to set your face. Sam uses Chanel’s Natural Finish Loose Powder for ~$52 (2).
- Create a simply defined brow with your favorite pencil. Sam uses MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil in Taupe for ~$15 (3), following with your Lash-Brow Groomer to shape.
- Brighten eyes and conceal darkness with the Deluxe Crease Brush and concealer. Sam’s choice is Bobbi Brown’s Creamy Concealer for ~$22 (4).
- Choose a range of brown tones – here Sam uses Urban Decay’s Naked Palette for ~$48 (5). Start with a lighter brown, applying with your Domed Shadow Brush.
- Using your Shading Brush paired with a darker brown, work color into the outer corners of eyes. Follow with a clean Domed Shadow Brush to blend.
- Dip your Brow Brush into black shadow and create a line along the upper lash.
- Add black mascara, separating lashes between coats with your Lash-Brow Groomer. Sam uses Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara for ~$14.50 (6).
- With your Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush, apply gel liner along the lash line. Sam chooses Shu Uemura Painting Gel Eyeliner for ~$25 (7).
- If you like, apply false lashes to boost your look. Sam uses Shu Uemura Farfallina False Eyelashes for ~$29 (8).
- Clean up undereye area with concealer and your Deluxe Crease Brush, then set with loose powder and your Contour Brush.
- Using your Accent Brush, apply gel liner to the waterline.
- With your Blush Brush, apply a soft pink blush. Sam uses a Nars shade for ~$27 (9).
- Finish with a light pink, glittery gloss like Urban Decay Stardust Lipgloss in Andromeda for ~$19 (10).
Image: via Fashion Gone Rogue