Guide books may suggest appropriate clothing and shoes, but what about a packing list for your makeup bag? When embarking on your adventures, which beauty products and tools are really necessary and what can we leave at home?
When one of our colleagues went on a 10-day tour of the Mediterranean, she gave us the scoop on what to bring and even what to buy!
“The heat really takes it out of you… especially your feet! Pack airy and comfortable shoes, light clothing and a day bag with a lightweight strap. Keep your beauty routine easy and be sure to apply and re-apply your sunscreen!”
Feel good and look even better these 6 tips:
- Wear a broad spectrum sun block, especially on your face and chest which burn easily. Rehydrate at night with a moisturizer made from indigenous ingredients like the Dead Sea minerals. Pack a travel kit like Ahava Body Starter Kit, but bring home a few Dead Sea products for yourself or as gifts when your visit the salty sea!
- Choose a lightweight powder compact like Liz Earle Perfect Finish Powder that travels well and has build-able coverage. Apply with your buffing brush all over face for a light to medium finish and touch-up with throughout the day to take away the shine.
- Keep your makeup bag light with a multi-tasking product like Nars Multiple Duo in Copacabana. Sweep on the light shade with your deluxe crease brush as an eye shadow or apply to the high points of your cheeks as an illuminator. Apply bronzer along your cheeks, forehead and bridge of nose with your stippling brush for a healthy glow.
- Lips can go from day to night with a peachy gold gloss like Body Shop Honey Bronze Lip Nectar.
- Wearing sandals in the heat can leave your feet tired and dusty! Treat and clean your feet with refreshing foot wipes. Try Butter London Mucky Pup Foot Wipes.
- Carry essentials only in a lightweight hands-free bag. Heavy bags or straps are uncomfortable against your bare or barely covered skin. The LeSportSac Kasey was a perfect choice and the separate compartments keep everything organized.
Image: Dead Sea, DehabSafari
Never miss a tutorial. Sign up for our free newsletter to get the latest videos, news, and tips – plus special deals – right in your inbox. To be inspired every day, follow Real Techniques on Twitter or like us on Facebook!