The weather outside may be frightful… but that doesn’t mean you can’t look delightful! Keep your skin healthy and hydrated this winter with some of our favorite beauty products.
Here are 5 tips and tricks for cold weather beauty:
- For skin that is dry, flaky, or prone to redness chose a hydrating liquid or cream foundation instead of a powder formula which can sit on top of dry skin. Use your buffing brush (1) to work a super emollient cream like Bobbi Brown Extra Repair SPF 25 (2) onto you face for a dewy coverage that feels great on irritated skin. Pro Tip: Add a drop or two of face moisturizer to your everyday liquid foundation for a hydration boost.
- Try a cream blush for an “apres-ski glow” (without the windburn!). For fair skin, blend a warm pink cream onto the apples of your cheeks with a clean buffing brush and for darker skin tones try a deeper peach or pink to brighten skin tone and remove any sallowness. Try MAC Cremeblend Blush in Lady Blush and Posey (3).
- Choose a moisturizing lipstick instead of a lip gloss which can dry out your lips. Try Hourglass Adorn Hydrating Lipstick in Fresco (4).
- Protect your lips from the cold and wind with Aquaphor Lip Repair (5) which creates a barrier from the elements while hydrating your skin.
- Wear gloves when outside (it really makes a difference!) and apply a rich hand cream day, night and after you wash your hands. Try Neutrogena Hand Cream (6).
Never miss a tutorial. Sign up for our free newsletter to get the latest videos, news, and tips – plus special deals – right in your inbox. To be inspired every day, follow Real Techniques on Twitter or like us on Facebook!