We could only choose one winner for our recent virtual tutorial contest package – but everyone won out with Sam’s latest tutorial, chosen by you … Rock the Color Block!
Inspired by color-confident beauty editorials, Sam shows you how to create a stunning look that you can dial up or down depending on the occasion in this complete color blocked makeup tutorial.
Learn her tips, tricks, and makeup picks below …
- Create a naturally flawless base with the Essential Foundation Brush. Sam uses Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation for ~25.00 Pounds, available through the U.K. site (1).
- Tip > For a sheerer finish, try applying your foundation with the Stippling Brush.
- Using the Shading Brush, apply a cream shadow all over lid. Sam uses Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in Intense Blue for ~$22 (2). Follow with the Deluxe Crease Brush to blend edges.
- Use the Detailer Brush to apply an aqua cream shadow – try Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in Turquoise (2) – and once again blend with the Deluxe Crease Brush.
- Apply a green liner along the water line and blend with the Shading Brush. Sam uses MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in Landscape Green (similar here) (3).
- Follow with a green cream shadow, using your Domed Shadow Brush to blend. Sam uses Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in Emerald Green (2).
- Clean up eye area with concealer or foundation and your Deluxe Crease Brush.
- Finish eyes with plenty of black mascara. Sam uses Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara (similar here) (4). Follow with the Lash-Brow Groomer to comb through lashes, then follow with a second coat as well as a coat on bottom lashes.
- Set your makeup using your Powder Brush with a pressed powder. Sam uses
an Avon Pressed Powder for ~8.50 UK (5).
- Use your Multi-Task Brush to apply a bright pink blush. Sam uses a VIVO blush similar to the above (6), but you can try Revlon Mineral Blush in Roseberry for ~$13.99.
- Tip > For truly flawless blush, blend into skin with your Essential Foundation Brush using whatever product remains from your foundation application.
- Follow with an application of soft pink gloss. Sam uses Chanel Glossimer in Aurore for ~$28.50 (7).
- For a bold finish, add a pair of false lashes. Sam’s choice is from Liz Martins’ collection for ~4.20 UK (8). (For more tips on lash application from Sam, watch her step-by-step on How to Apply False Eyelashes).
Image credits: via Fashion Gone Rogue, via Eyeshadow Lipstick
Never miss a tutorial. Sign up for our free newsletter to get the latest videos, news, and tips – plus special deals – right in your inbox. To be inspired every day, follow Real Techniques on Twitter or like us on Facebook!