Whether you are swishing down the slopes or snuggled up inside by a fire, here are 6 must-have items to keep you protected and pretty on your next high altitude vacation:
- Sun Block. UV intensity increases with altitude because there is less atmosphere between you and the damaging rays. Generously apply a broad spectrum sunscreen to your face and neck before hitting the slopes and re-apply every 2 hours. Try Neutrogena Ultra Dry-Touch Sunscreen with SPF 45 (1).
- Eye Guard. Most ski goggles are equipped with UV protection, but for those who are more active walking around the village or sitting outside enjoying the sun, protect eyes from the intense rays with sunglasses that have UV protection. Try Ray-Ban Wayfayer Sunglasses (2).
- Light Reflection. Highlight your bone structure and lighten your complexion with a highlighting cream like Lush Feeling Younger Skin Tint (3). Work all over face with your miracle complexion sponge (4) or use your deluxe crease brush to highlight specific areas (inner eye, cheekbone).
- Creamy Shimmer. Keep your eye makeup simple, sweep a creamy metallic shadow over your lower lid with your base shadow brush and blend out the edges with your deluxe crease brush. Try Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Brown Metal (5).
- Pink up. Accentuate or create a natural flush on your cheeks and lips with a mutli-tasking product like Nars Matte Multiple in Anguilla (6). Press onto lips and cheeks with your fingertips and use the rounded edge of your miracle complexion sponge in a rolling motion to blend out the cheek color.
Never miss a tutorial. Sign up for our free newsletter to get the latest videos, news, and tips – plus special deals – right in your inbox. To be inspired every day, follow Real Techniques on Twitter or like us on Facebook!