If you love a lightweight feel in the summer but still want a little color, look no further than your local drug store for these pretty and practical summer products.
- Sunblock needs to be applied every 2 hours for optimal protection (even less if in water or sweating). Choose a portable balm that you can swipe on your body, face and lips to keep your skin protected. Try Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen Stick ~$10.99.
- If the summer sun is bringing out dark spots (hyperpigmentation, melasma) then even out complexion with a drugstore brand like Indeed Pepta-Bright ~$29.99. The price tag is much lower than similar products from luxury brands.
- Don’t feel like wearing foundation in the heat of the summer? Sweep a gel bronzer over cheekbones, bridge of nose, forehead and chin, with your duo-fiber contour brush then blend into rest of skin with your duo-fiber face brush. Gel formulas add warmth and color without feeling sticky or heavy. Bonne Bell Bronzing Gel ~$3.99.
- For the sheerest coverage on skin, eyes and cheeks just swap out your brush. The duo-fiber collection ~$20, applies pigment (with the long bristles) and blends (with the short bristles) simultaneously.
- Create a beautiful background for your eye color with a creamy metallic shadow like Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo Metal Gel Shadow ~$6.99. Dab cream on the tips of your duo-fiber eye brush and sweep over upper lid and blend up to the brow bone.
- Define your lashes with a waterproof mascara that sweeps on easily and thickens lashes while lengthening. Try Maybelline Full N’ Soft Waterproof Mascara ~$7.
- Love false lashes but hate the sticky glue or the irritation to your eyes? Try the new latex and formaldehyde free Ardell Duo Brush-On Adhesive with Vitamins ~$6.50. The thin brush provides a mess-free application (no more dots of glue on your hand!) and the white gel turns invisible within minutes.
- Skip the powder blush and choose a liquid cheek tint like Rimmel Stay Blushed! ~$3.99. Dab the tips of your duo-fiber contour brush into tint and apply with small circular strokes on the apple of the cheeks moving up the cheekbone. Use your your duo-fiber face brush to blend out the edges for the most natural-looking flush.
Never miss a tutorial. Sign up for our free newsletter to get the latest videos, news, and tips – plus special deals – right in your inbox. To be inspired every day, follow Real Techniques on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ or Facebook!